- Gouthami Institute of Technology and Management for women, values your privacy and so this website does not collect Personal Information about you when you visit the site. You can generally visit the site without revealing Personal Information, unless you choose to provide such information. We are committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information we process. Personal information is information which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally (for eg., name, address, email address, phone number). We will make every reasonable effort to protect your privacy by adopting a high level of website security and adhering to institution policies on how we store and use personal information.
- We recommend that you read this policy prior to using our websites, products or services. If we change this notice we will post the changes on this page, and may place notices on other pages of the website, so that you will be aware of the personal information we collect and how we will use it. If you use this website or our products and services, or access our content on this website, after any such change has been made, you will be deemed to have read and accepted the change.
Information Collection and Use
- While most pages of this website is accessbile without providing any personal information, some pages of this website will only be accessible after registration by providing specific data. These page include, but are not limited to Registration for Admission, Registration for Academic Courses, Registration for Academic/Cultural Events organized by the Institute, Donations, Books, Journals and Alumni Profiles. We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which it was obtained. We will not, under any circumstances, sell or trade your personal information. We will not share your personal information with any third party for their own purposes unless we have made you aware of this at the time of collecting your personal information. For example, if we run an event in partnership with other named organisations, your details may need to be shared. We will be very clear what will happen to your data when you register.
- However, Gouthami Institute of Technology and Management for women may reveal the collected information to its selected employees, agents, consultants and sister institutions for academic activities. The Institute may also divulge the information to law enforcement authorities, courts and such others if need arises.
- We may use carefully selected companies to provide services on our behalf, including data hosting services, delivering postal mail, sending emails, analyzing data and processing credit/debit card or direct debit payments. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the relevant service, and we make sure that your data is treated with the same level of care as if we were handling it directly.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of REC, our members, supporters and visitors. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Site Visit Data
- This website records your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes: address of your server; the name of the top-level domain from which you access the Internet (for example, .gov, .com, .in, etc.); the type of browser you use; the date and time you access the site; the pages you have accessed and the documents downloaded and the previous Internet address from which you linked directly to the site. We will not identify users or their browsing activities, except when a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the service provider's logs.
- A cookie is a piece of software code that an internet web site sends to your browser when you access information at that site. This website uses “cookies” to track usage and manage services on the website.
- At Gouthami Institute of Technology and Management for women, we take every possible precaution to ensure that your data is safe and secure barring circumstances beyond our control. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee control over the medium of transmission i.e., the internet. Though you have to provide the necessary information at your own risk, Gouthami Institute of Technology and Management for women will always try to ensure the security and safety of the same. Once we receive the data, we will strive to keep it secure using the latest technology, regular upgrades to our digital security infrastructure and restricted access.